Conference Theme: Southeast Asia: Recovery amidst Uncertainty
Conference website: https://sites.google.com/view/2022-wenzao-icseas/home?authuser=0
COVID-19 has left long-term scars on the Southeast Asian region’s economy, politics, and public health, the impacts of which can last well into the recovery in years to come. Going forward, in the short-run, as Southeast Asian countries jumpstart their economic recovery much will depend on the speed of vaccination, the possible emergence of new COVID variants, as well as any major slowdown in the momentum of global and regional growth. In the long-run, Southeast Asian governments are still facing deep-rooted challenges which could cause a U-turn in the uneven path of development. Significant efforts are still needed to address poverty, environmental degradation, security, education, and social welfare. This conference will address these short-term and long-term challenges as policy-makers prepare to shift gears to accelerate structural transformation of regional economic activities.
This is a must-attend event for all Southeast Asian specialists in political economy, security, civil society, and culture to discuss and exchange views in their fields of expertise. The conference continues to adopt an inclusive and multidisciplinary approach to examine the new forces that continue to shape both regional and international relations in Southeast Asia.
The organizers encourage submissions of panel proposals or individual presentations on the following sub-themes:
- ASEAN’s responses to the Pandemic: Successes and Failures
- Democracy in Southeast Asia: Forward or backward?
- ASEAN economic, cultural and security challenges
- Women and Children in Public Health Policies
- Environment Studies – Policies and Environment Sustainability
- Language policies and Educational Issues
- China – US Rivalry: Impact of Southeast Asia
- Migrant Workers: Coping with the Pandemic
- Post COVID-19 Taiwan: Relations with ASEAN
Abstract submission deadline: May 31, 2022
Notification of accepted papers: June 13, 2022
Official registration period: July 1- August 31, 2022
Deadline for full paper submissions: August 31, 2022
Official registration of General Participants: July 1 – Sep. 30, 2022
Conference Dates: October 20-22, 2022
Conference Venue: Wenzao Ursuline University (WZU), Kaohsiung,
Organizer: Department of Southeast Asian Studies, WZU
Other conference inquiries should be submitted to:
Coordinator Mr. Kai Otto Chang: email@example.com
- Registration: Free.
- No late abstract or full paper will be accepted after the deadline.
Online system will be closed.
- All presenters and participants should cover their own airfare to
- Complementary meals will be provided during the conference.
- A complementary half-day Kaohsiung tour will be an option. Adjust
according to the epidemic situation.